none
How to get the actual value for File Resource Management Tasks with Powershell (or any scripting) ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have some FSRM File Management Tasks that move some and delete some directories. Manually reviewing them all through GUI will not cut it. I would like to retrieve the configs with Powershell to have a report to see them all in one view and audit them. 

I see the cmdlet named Get-FsrmFileManagementJob which got me started.

The problem I'm having is that the certain properties return with generic placeholder? values like this. 

Action            : MSFT_FSRMFMJAction

Condition         : {MSFT_FSRMFMJCondition, MSFT_FSRMFMJCondition}

Schedule          : MSFT_FSRMScheduledTask

How can I extract these pieces of information with Powershell to give me a full picture of my File Management Jobs? Or for that matter any other scripting that would pipe the data for me to use. 

I already made a post over on the File Service and Storage forum, but the mod over there couldn't help and suggested I ask here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6f96de53-788a-4318-aab1-ae6c280b7310/fsrm-how-do-you-retrieve-conditions-for-a-management-task-with-powershell-?forum=winserverfiles

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Tuesday, December 11, 2018 11:26 PM This is not "teach me basics step-by-step" forum
    Wednesday, August 8, 2018 3:13 PM

All replies

• You have to expand each of those as they are objects containing the job details.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 3:20 PM
  • Great. Quick search for expand property and thats a param for select-object

Obviously new to PS here. Quick and easy answer, thanks. 

Doesn't seem like I can use -expandproperty on standard values so now I need to figure out how to select both condensed and standard values hopefully in the same statement and then only expand those. Got a example for that?

Much appreciated.

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 7:39 PM
  • You have to generate a custom object or a computed "select" statement.

Two more things to research that are critical to using PS.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 8:06 PM