Cannot connect laptop client computer (Win 7 Ultimate) to server.....Have tried solution suggested by microsoft troubleshoot etc... RRS feed

• Question

• I installed a Windows Home server 2011 on a new clean computer and it is working fine. Other client computers can connect with server without issue.

My Laptop LenovoT61 with windows 7 Ultimate refuses to connect to the server.

First,I got the message "An Unexpected error has occurred. To resolve this issue contact the person responsible for your network". I looked up MS troubleshoot recommendation which said that the computer name cannot have NON-ASCI characters in the computer name. Even though I did not have this problem I went ahead and changed my computer name to standard ASCI  name. This did not solve my problem as I started getting the error message stated below.

Next time I booted I got the message that there was a program in the process of being installed or uninstalled or that the computer is in the process of rebooting. I checked the forums for problem and I did the changes in REGEDIT, as suggested which took care of the problem. Now I am back to the earlier problem.

It looks like I am ina n nedless loop of some sort.

Any help will be appreciated.

Friday, December 23, 2011 6:20 PM