Recurring bill frequency RRS feed

• Question

• I just started using Microsoft Money, and I really like it. It's very intuitive and very easy to use. However, I have encountered one problem. I know Microsoft isn't supporting the software anymore, but perhaps someone has a solution or workaround to this.

I'm trying to set up a recurring deposit, but there doesn't seem to be any way to account for the frequency of it. It's not every month, or every four weeks, or any of the options that are in the drop-down box of selections. The payment happens the fourth Wednesday of every month. This is typical of Social Security disbursements. Quicken has a way of handling this, but so far I haven't found a way to handle it in Microsoft Money. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Monday, April 9, 2018 7:40 PM

All replies

• You are correct, Money doesn't have a lot of options for scheduling recurring deposits or payments.  The workaround that I use is to manually edit the future transactions.  Select the transaction and then Edit>Edit Single Bill Occurrence.  This gives a list of the next 12 upcoming transactions and you can customise the dates to match your schedule.  It takes a few minutes but, at least for monthly transactions, it's a once a year thing.

Bill Becker

• Edited by Bill Becker Monday, April 9, 2018 9:51 PM typo
    • Proposed as answer by Bill Becker Tuesday, April 10, 2018 3:01 PM
    Monday, April 9, 2018 9:48 PM
  • Thank you. It's a bit clumbersome, but that will work.
    Monday, April 9, 2018 10:30 PM