Does PP1 support Windows Media 11 or still WMC? RRS feed

• Question

• One of the things that really annoys me about the existing version of home server is that it does not support mp4 video files out of the box which is a pain with it being a media server! I understand the problem is that it's built on 2003 server technology and therefore only support windows media connect that doesn't support mp4 files.

Can someone confirm for me if the PP1 now supports MP4 files or if not when we are likely to see it coming in?

I would use something like Tversity but unfortunately I got WHS as part of my HP home server and it's just not upto the task of running tversity with the processor and minimal ram that comes with it.

Thanks in advance... building a test machine up now to try PP1 on!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 6:24 PM

Answers

• Power Pack 1 doesn't change the WMC version on the home server.  However, Power Pack 1 does resolve the playlist issues.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 6:53 PM

All replies

• Power Pack 1 doesn't change the WMC version on the home server.  However, Power Pack 1 does resolve the playlist issues.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 6:53 PM
  •  

Sadly I haven't been able to install WMP 11 to get this working. I would love to see the Windows Media Connect get an upgrade
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008 8:08 PM

• ahh that's a real shame, apart from the data corruption bug this was the second most important thing I was looking for from a media server.

Is there any plan at all to integrate wmp 11 at all in the future? I have read "hacks" on how to do it but really am not interested in trying to do it that way.

Any info on this would be welcome.

Thanks

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 8:14 PM
  • It is on the list of possible future features.  Thanks for the feedback and passion  !!!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 8:29 PM
  •  

Thanks, i'll keep my eye out once PP1 has been rolled out and the team start looking at what's next

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 8:49 PM