Can Windows Live Mesh 2011 be Installed on WHS-PP3 RRS feed

• Question

• I know the official answer is no; and that Live Mesh says it will only run on Vista and Windows 7.

I also know that others have been successful with installing Live Mesh Beta, but I have not been able to install Live Mesh 2011 which is the only version that is currently available.

I have tried several install methods that worked for Live Mesh Beta, but none of them work with Live Mesh 2011.

The specific error message I get is:

wlsetup-web.exe is not a valid Win32 application

Any help would be appreciated.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:16 AM

Answers

• No. Version of Wlsetup-web.exe you try to run is Live Essentials installer for Vista / Win7, no go on XP W2K3. Live essentials installer for XP (and W2K3) does not contain Live Mesh. AFAIK there's no separate download for Live Mesh.

Henk Panneman - http://www.homeserverweb.nl
    • Marked as answer by To Serve Man Thursday, February 10, 2011 10:49 PM
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 12:32 PM

All replies

• No. Version of Wlsetup-web.exe you try to run is Live Essentials installer for Vista / Win7, no go on XP W2K3. Live essentials installer for XP (and W2K3) does not contain Live Mesh. AFAIK there's no separate download for Live Mesh.

Henk Panneman - http://www.homeserverweb.nl
    • Marked as answer by To Serve Man Thursday, February 10, 2011 10:49 PM
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 12:32 PM
  • I was using Live Sync and liked it alot, could sync my XP systems with my Win7 systems and my Server 2003 systems. It was the perfect tool... that is till MS made their move and took away the legacy systems support in the new Mesh (should be called MESS).I like to stick with MS software as much as possible, but in this case there is no way. I solved my problem by going with DropBox, supports everything, even Apple and mobile devices. Try it I think you will like it.
    Windows 7 (x86) ver. 6.1.7600.16617.x86fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
    Saturday, January 29, 2011 11:00 AM
  • I looked into DropBox but it seemed limited to one synchronized directory. Instead I have been testing Allway Sync which is both free and seems to work well. It is a different technology than Live Sync / Mesh. Basically it just copies files from one computer to another. Works well enough for my purposes of syncing a client computer on my home network with my home server.

Thursday, February 10, 2011 10:47 PM