Windows Product Key RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am the IT manager of a small business.  I conducted a software inventory and found 6 Windows XP upgrade disks (all were purchased by the company).  None of these disk were in their original packaging so I have no idea what the product keys are.  Do the disks contain the product key that must be entered during installation.  I would like to know these key so I can match them up with the office computer the software is installed on in case a reinstall is needed.

Thanks for any help you can provided

Bozmit

Monday, October 1, 2007 6:34 PM

Answers

• Bozmit,

Thank you for posting in the Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) Forum. Curious how many systems do you currently manage @ the small business? Do you have a Volume Licensing Key (VLK) which are used for all of your systems? First I would verify this information and see if there is any chronological data left behind by the old IT manager should you be new. In turn the upgrade disks would not be required if you have an active VLK issed to your organization. There isn't a way to check a key because the key isn't on the disc. The key would have been on the original packaging material which the software was contained in @ time of purchase. Should you have any more questions we will try our best to provide answeres. 

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Monday, October 1, 2007 7:01 PM