Changing field list in chart drill down RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have read related threads and searched on the internet.

When you create a chart, you are able to select the axis fields. Then you add a category on the horizontal one. This works great except the options there are not what I want. Eg. there is a field 'owner'. That works. Although I want to know a particular team of that owner.

I have created a table for this via advanced find so that I can see data by team of owner. There is a default field owning team although that does not display the data as I do not have an 'owning team', I have a owner who is IN a team if that makes sense (and they are often in several teams).

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

• Moved by Danny van DamMVP Monday, May 26, 2014 7:35 AM not related to training and certification
    • Moved by zkandy Thursday, May 29, 2014 1:14 AM not an Excel issue
    Monday, May 26, 2014 3:41 AM

All replies

• Also, a bonus question. How do you sort your charts to display sorted eg. by date. Currently sometimes it seems to sort by total/sometimes not for instance.

thank you

Monday, May 26, 2014 3:43 AM
  • Hi yendor28,

I'm not sure why Danny will move this issue to Excel forum, cause I don't think it should be an Excel issue.
    Could you please let us know which product you are using? Power View, SSRS or CRM ? Then I would help to move this issue to a proper forum.
    Thanks for your understanding.

Wind Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 5:36 AM
  • thank you - this is a crm issue.
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 10:52 AM
  • Hi Yendor,

Charts created in CRM can be exported and the XML can be directly edited.
    This gives you more control over what you wish the chart to do. Editing the XML you are able to update the fetch query to retrieve the information you want and use this in your axis.

You should also be able to control sorting directly in the XML.

If you can give me your scenario, I can try to create the chart by editing the XML and let you know how I've done it. :)

~ Atomic Coder

Friday, May 30, 2014 2:04 PM