OFF TOPIC:W2k3SmBzSrv constant reboot RRS feed

• Question

• My server has been running in a closet for 3 years with no problems. Last week, it started a rebooting loop. It reboots at the transition from loading the OS to the login screen. I runs fine in Safe Mode w/Networking, but I cannot get any clues as to why it is rebooting. I have checked the Event Logs, but found nothing helpful. I have disabled all in msconfig and it still reboots unless I go into Safe Mode. I have swapped memory and reseated everything, but nothing changes it.

Anyone have any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

Sunday, August 5, 2007 8:21 PM

Answers

• It may be an overheating problem. Check to see that all fans are operating and airflow is unobstructed.

Sunday, August 5, 2007 11:40 PM
  • Could still be overheating. Only minimum processes are loded in Safe Mode so the processor and memory don't have much load.

Monday, August 6, 2007 2:04 AM

All replies

• It may be an overheating problem. Check to see that all fans are operating and airflow is unobstructed.

Sunday, August 5, 2007 11:40 PM
  • hmmm...doubtful its over heating as it works in Safe Mode no problem. I'm thinking driver or windows update failure but I can't find anything indicating either is the issue.

Monday, August 6, 2007 1:37 AM
  • Could still be overheating. Only minimum processes are loded in Safe Mode so the processor and memory don't have much load.

Monday, August 6, 2007 2:04 AM