none
InTicker - An Internet Tool by me RRS feed

• Question

•  

InTicker

--------------

Created by Ankit Sharma Contact : ankit_sam2001@yahoo.com

----------------------------------------------------------

This tool is used to automatically connect to Internet if Username and Password is saved on default connection.

Download from here http://rapidshare.com/files/71462196/InTicker.zip

Requirements: .NET framework 2.0

download fromm here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en

Usage :

--------

Set appropriate time then click on Set button then hide/minimize the application. It will automatically connect/disconnect at specified time.

Features :

-----------

Automatically starts at startup.

Time has to set only once.

Later just start ur computer and rest will be done sleep.

This is tool is created in C# .NET

For any queries email at

ankit_sam2001@yahoo.com

Saturday, November 24, 2007 10:08 AM

All replies

• thanks,  nice tool...
    Saturday, November 24, 2007 12:02 PM
  • This is really nice Work dude ! But felt sorry that this post has not appreciated much !! I will try the product and review back to you soon ! 
    Monday, December 3, 2007 2:05 PM
  • Wellll, this happened last year also when i created a Carom Game and posted here..
    Tuesday, December 4, 2007 1:41 PM
  • I like the idea of your application as it will be most useful for heavy downloaders, especially in India since many providors offer unlimited bandwidth past midnight.

However, I think your code can be much better refined. Like for instance, you are using around 4 timers for various purposes which can all be encapsulated under a single timer.

Another mistake is the method by which you are checking if the user is still connected to the internet. I wouldn't say it's a "mistake" but its uneccessary, slow and effects the overall performanc of your application.

You are are already using the InternetGetConnectedState to determine the connection state which would obviously tell you if you are connected to the internet or not. If you still want to make sure, you can just try resolving the IP address of a popular site like microsoft.com or google.com? A DNS resolve is faster than pinging to a server and waiting for reply, etc.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 6:36 PM
  •  

It's cooollll.........
    Friday, December 7, 2007 9:46 AM
  • Cool One dude keep it up!!!!!

Friday, December 7, 2007 9:54 AM
  • nice one man......gonna try it...thanx.

Thursday, September 4, 2008 7:01 AM