Use a Samsung BluRay BD-F5900 with WHS 2011? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I would like to play some music through my Samsung BluRay BD-F5900 from the shared Music folder of my WHS 2011.  The Samsung sees the server and folders named Music, Photos, Playlists and Videos. Note that Playlists isn't one of the WHS shared folders.

The Samsung finds no files in the Music folder although that are plenty of files in the WHS shared Music folder. It finds files in the Playlists folder and those files actually reside in the shared Music/Playlists folder. And, if I click through one of those playlist files, all the music files it references will appear. Those music files are ones that don't appear in the Music folder!

Am I missing something? In looking around the web, I've seen a suggestion to install Samsung's Allshare for PC application (on the server) - which I can't find. I've also seen a suggestion to install Serviio. I did find a Serviio for WHS addin but it doesn't look to have been updated for a while. And if install either Allshare or Serviio, do I need to stop something in WHS that's already running and providing whatever DLNA support it does provide?

Thanks for any help.

Don

• Changed type Andy Qi Monday, November 4, 2013 4:57 PM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:31 PM