Windows Home Server 2011 Web Pages RRS feed

• Question

• I see there are a number of posts about changing the home page for WHS 2011.  I have not seen a good answer.

What I would like to do is set up server to allow my son to create web pages that his friends would be able to access.  For these pages I do not need a user name and password.

As an aside for my son learning, I would also like to learn.  I would like my web pages to allow my friends to access a dynamic web page that will be connected to a database.  I would like to have a user name and password to access these pages.

I would still like to allow my mom and siblings to access the pictures folder via a user name and password.

Is this possible using WHS 2011 and if so how or is there a good book/reference I could use?

Sunday, February 12, 2012 9:00 PM

All replies

• If that'e what you want to do, WHS2011 is not a good starting point. You need to dig deep into the configuration of IIS and you run the great risk of rendering Remote Access inoperable.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Sunday, February 12, 2012 9:59 PM
  • I was hoping for a solution but thank you for answering.

I have discovered that you can add links to the WHS front page.  I think this might be the work around I am looking for.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 12:42 PM
  • I have discovered that you can add links to the WHS front page.  I think this might be the work around I am looking for.

But you don't get to see those links until you have logged on to the WHS 2011 Remote Access web site. I thought you said that you didn't need (want?) to have user names and passwords...
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 5:30 PM