Synchronization not working after executing custom logic in clientSyncProvider_ChangeSelected RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application, that allows users to make edits to sqlCE data and synchronize it with SQL server 2005.

While synchronizing, the application makes calls to a custom web service within the clientSyncProvider_ChangesSelected event. This custom web service does some inserts to a table (tbl_timesheets) on the server. This table is part of the synchronization service . However it seems that no updates/deletes which are made to this table on the client are getting applied to the server by sync services after this custom web service call is completed. Edits on the client for all other tables are being applied successfully on the server.

If I dont call the custom web service, all the changes at client are being applied to server without any issues.

Here is the code that I am using:

private static void clientSyncProvider_ChangesSelected(object syncAgent, ChangesSelectedEventArgs args)
            {
                try
                {
    //get the tbl_timsheet dataset from args

//make a call to custom web service to do inserts on tbl_timesheets

}

}

Appreciate your help very much!

Apurva
    • Moved by Hengzhe Li Friday, April 22, 2011 7:42 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 8:53 PM

All replies

• Any help on this one???

Here are the details of what more is going on:

Step 1: So in the clientSyncProvider_ChangesSelected event I get hold of the tbl_timesheets delta table 

Step 2: insert a record on the server using a custom web service. 

Step 3: delete the record that I inserted in step 2 from the delta table

Step 4: let the synchronization complete so that the other changes in the delta table go through. 

So basically step 4 is failing for me. When I debug the code, I can see at the end of the step 3 that the delta table still has the records for all the other changes (updates and deletes) for tbl_timesheets but still these changes dont go through on the server.

Thanks
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 4:01 PM