none
text obscured RRS feed

• Question

• When I read the forum posts, important parts of the text is covered with icons and symbols. Why? What can I do to see the form posts better?

Thanks,
    Jon
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 5:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'm assuming that you're using IE 6. We have a bug on this and currently investigating.

Thanks.
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 6:08 PM
  • I noticed the original post above from Jon had his display name and avatar image html stuck into the post. Jon, how did you enter that post? Did you manually edit and post the html? Which Browser are you using?
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, July 24, 2009 9:25 PM
    Answerer
  • I use IE6. I typed into the text box provided by the forum. For me, most other posts, not just mine, have the avatar and other symbols covering some of the text. Your post is the first one I've seen that did not have that affliction.

BTW, if i hit backspace during typing, the text box jumps around.
    Friday, July 24, 2009 10:59 PM
  • And enter and delete and click and also trying to press enter code snippet that makes the box screen catapult to another part of the thread for me. (also running IE6
    If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 3:22 PM
  • Thanks for the feedback.
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 3:43 PM
  • I'm using IE 7 and when I get the right side fo the text entry box, the popup instruction for Step 3 covers up the typing area so the last view words I type are under the popup, when I close the pop up it comes right back when I restart typing.
    This is quite annoying
    Friday, July 31, 2009 3:02 PM
  • The jumping window bug is fixed! No more fun asking/answering questions for anyone.

Monday, August 31, 2009 1:09 PM
  • Glad to hear. We've fixed some of the IE 6 bugs for this release August 09
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Monday, August 31, 2009 2:58 PM
  • there is still a bug when i edit posts. (But then you have probably found that bug and i'm just flexing my fingers typing it)
    Monday, August 31, 2009 3:03 PM