none
is it possible to add a task to a running SOA job?

General discussion

• This is 2012r2 if it makes a difference.

I have a HPC job that is running, and I would like to be able to add a task to that job and start it.  Is that possible at all?   I found some documentation on using the AddTask function to an existing job, but does that actually work in the context of it being originally invoked as part of a SOA job/DurableSession/BrokerClient?  

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 4:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Jason,

SOA jobs are service jobs that have long running service tasks. They cannot add new tasks when they are in running state.

Btw, why do you need to add more tasks to a SOA job?

Cheers,

Yutong Sun

Friday, March 16, 2018 8:24 AM
  • This is related to the other question I asked where we have tasks that fail where I'd like to update what is remaining in the task to run, and then re-add it to the job to continue running while the other tasks are still going.   

Thanks for the response!

Friday, March 16, 2018 2:53 PM
  • In HPC SOA job, your real tasks are the SOA requests you sent from your Session Client and it is not a 1-1 mapping to the tasks in the SOA job. A task within a SOA job is an instance of your SOA service that started on the compute nodes and is able to accept your SOA requests.

So you are asking how to add failed requests back to the SOA job? That need to be done by your session client.

Qiufang Shi

Monday, March 19, 2018 7:40 AM