Mac Mesh P2P support RRS feed

• Question

• I read that P2P support is not currently a feature of the new Live Mesh client for the Mac.

My question is: Will the Mac Mesh client function like the original Windows desktop client during the Technical Preview period?  More specifically, if folders synced with the Live Mesh desktop exceed the storage limit of the Live Mesh desktop, will all of the files in the folders still completely sync with the new Mac Mesh client?

Thanks
    Thursday, October 30, 2008 8:24 PM

Answers

• As stated, the Live Mesh Mac client does not support P2P.  This means that it can only sync with files stored in Live PC.  If you try to sync up more files that the 5GB limit from the Mac it will stop syncing when you reach 5GB.

Currently these is no way to control which files will sync and which ones will not.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 8:33 PM

All replies

• As stated, the Live Mesh Mac client does not support P2P.  This means that it can only sync with files stored in Live PC.  If you try to sync up more files that the 5GB limit from the Mac it will stop syncing when you reach 5GB.

Currently these is no way to control which files will sync and which ones will not.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 8:33 PM
  • Any ETA for P2P sync for mac? The only alternative I can come up with is using live mesh through my windows virtual machine.
    Monday, June 1, 2009 2:34 PM
  • I'm pretty sure that the Live Mesh team won't tell us when a feature will be implemented, but I would expect that it is something that they are working on.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, June 1, 2009 3:44 PM