Getting error while installing CRM Server RRS feed

• Question

• We're trying to install Microsoft CRM 3.0 in a test environment, but are having trouble getting past the "Installing and configuring Microsoft CRM databases" at the time of Installing Microsoft server 3.0 components section.

The exact Error Message look like as

“Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed.

Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated new Microsoft CRM information yet.  If this is the case you have several options: 1. Go to the domain controller and manually force synchronization. 2.  Wait 15 minutes (typically) until the domain controller synchronizes automatically. 3. Click Retry a few times until Setup finds a different domain controller that has the Microsoft CRM information.

Windows NT user or group 'DEVFOUNDRYCRM\SQLAccessGroup {0eccab4c-d690-47fc-a292-52679802-652c}' not found. Check the name again.”

I have clicked Retry button several times but situation remains same.

Here's our environment situation:

* 2 servers installed as virtual servers (all running {MS Windows Server 2000 + SP4} + Support Tools + {Internet Explorer 6.0 + SP1})
                (1) Domain Controller machine (the only machine with DNS, Active Directory, Domain Controller setup)
                (2) SQL Server machine (SQL Server 2000 plus SP4) and MS CRM Server machine (this machine will be host SQL Server and MS CRM Server)

* The host machine is also running MS Windows Server 2003.

* All 2 machines are setup under a single domain (controlled by the domain controller machine).  There are no other domain controllers or DNS machines on the same domain.
    * We are logged onto the MS CRM machine as the Domain Controller administrative user (logged onto the domain that has been defined on our domain controller).  The MS CRM administrative user is setup on our Domain Controller as a member of Domain Admins and Domain Users.

* Our MS CRM machine is configured on our Domain Controller as a member of Domain Computers.

When we go through the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Professional installation process, we get to the page that is titled "Installing Microsoft CRM Server" and we click the Install button.  It checks all the details entered by me through some validation routines and start installation of CRM 3.0. After few minutes it gives some error message as I mentioned above.

Any ideas on how we make this fix?  We're not experts on Active Directory, DNS, etc ... so if it involves those areas, please provide specific instructions.

Wednesday, December 6, 2006 1:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Ok, Finally i resolved this issue my self. The exact problem of Cloning of HardDisk in test environment. Basically i was creating Virtual machine with same Image, hence due to that each machine had same SID.

After Given New SID with the help of NewSID.exe tool and start fresh installation of CRM server, i haven't get this problem again.

Vinod Jain

Tuesday, January 2, 2007 11:23 AM
  • I had the same problem.  I had to un-install and re-install due to a server rename.

my solution was this:

1.  Un-install CRM

2.  Remove the folders where crm was installed.

3. Renamed the server to new name, renamed any registry entry (only one left)

4. Go to the SQL Server and delete the CRM databases.  ( company_METABASE, company_MSCRM)

5. Deleted the old computer name from all the databases.

6. Added the new computer name as    domain/server name$

7. Delete the new groups added in Active Directory.  (the names are "PrivUserGroup {23423", "ReportingGroup {23423", "SQLAccessGroup {23423", and "UserGroup {23423".

8. Verified that the new server name was correct in DNS and Active Directory.

9. verified that the Report Services were up and running on the server.

10. re-started the installation clean.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 3:22 PM
  • This is Satish. I am new to MS CRM. I have installed CRM SDK.

I want MS CRM Server installation.  so can you tell me ....how to install.

and also give me  LINK.

Thanks,
    Satish D
    Wednesday, June 20, 2007 1:06 PM
  • Guys, Please remember that Microsoft CRM in a Virtual Server environment is currently NOT a supported platform for a production system - unless it is the service provider edition (for hosting companies).

This does not mean it will not work - just not supported.

For installation advice - download the Implementation Guide - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&DisplayLang=en

90 day trial software is available here - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7d418781-69ad-422d-92fa-87fdb2538e2c&DisplayLang=en

Thursday, June 21, 2007 1:50 PM
  • hi vinod

I am installing CRM server and sqlserver 2005 on the same pc but i get an error while

insatlling crm "unable to browse active directory objects" .

Please provide any solution asap.

thanks

k.mishra

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 6:22 AM