none
the new design RRS feed

• General discussion

• i really like it, i think it still needs a little work in the collapse menu's but besides that it looks sweet, props to who ever did it!
    • Changed type Brent Serbus Sunday, March 22, 2009 3:17 AM not a quesiton thread
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 6:33 AM

All replies

•  It seems that MS fans and moron 101 user(s) like the new forum platform. Let's hope that "the forum dev team" will work hard to satisfy theirs demands....
    dni
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 4:01 PM
  • does that mean your not a MS fan?
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:06 AM
  •  May be for "working fine" software only....
    dni
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 12:03 PM
  • The software is "working as intended"
    hi
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 4:20 PM
  • Then let's hope that Version 4.0 works even better than intended :-).
    David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 5:06 PM
  • i see, well dni, what would you define as "working better" software?
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 8:52 PM
  • ...check other user...I did't say "better"....
    dni
    Friday, March 20, 2009 12:01 PM
  • dni said:

...check other user...I did't say "better"....

dni

i know...you said "working fine" so im asking what would you call "working better" (as in better than microsoft)
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:34 AM
  • I don't understand your point. Are you trying a survey with me ?
    dni
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:14 PM
  • I don't understand the point of this discussion. No matter how much one may like the forums, there is no doubt that the current version 3 has a number of problems (just read the posts in this forum, and in the Bug Reporting forum).

A large number of these problems have to do with the dreadful composition window, and the mechanics of posting in general. These features, at least, are dramatically improved in the new Version 4 (take a look, you will love it). So things are definitely improving.

[Coming from someone who wishes MS had stuck with NNTP, and never gotten into the forum business at all.]

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:34 PM
  • The point of this discussion was how can someone like version 3 of forum... with so many problems...
    The version 4 looks fine, has a preview, I like it and let's hope it will work properly....
    dni
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:50 PM
  • dni said:

...check other user...I did't say "better"....

dni

i know...you said "working fine" so im asking what would you call "working better" (as in better than microsoft)
    Oh you mean virtually every commercial forum product on the market?

hi
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 4:38 AM
  • ...this disscution is referring at a previous version of forum when forum dev. team did mess threads and points (never corrected)....
    dni
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 1:28 PM
  • I would have to agree with pak1234.  Come on Microsoft, you caqn do better.  Even Google Groups is 10 times more usable/friendly/useful.  Are these forums even searchable via the new Bing??
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 5:11 PM
  • ...to do better what ?....

dni
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 5:20 PM