Anoying subscribtion issue RRS feed

• Question

•  

I had to uninstall one care for trouble shooting due to a problem my pc had. Now, I have reinstalled it and trying to activate my one care using the product key that I have, but it won't work. When I log in using my live ID account to check my billing account, it says: "This Windows Live ID does not currently have a billing relationship with Microsoft". It would be possible that when I activated my one care I created a different ID and now I don't remember it. Is there any way that I could find my original live ID?

Thanks for your help.

P.S. The copy of one care that I own was purchased at a store and 1st time when I used it worked with no problem.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 10:02 AM

Answers

•  ghaderi wrote:

I had to uninstall one care for trouble shooting due to a problem my pc had. Now, I have reinstalled it and trying to activate my one care using the product key that I have, but it won't work. When I log in using my live ID account to check my billing account, it says: "This Windows Live ID does not currently have a billing relationship with Microsoft". It would be possible that when I activated my one care I created a different ID and now I don't remember it. Is there any way that I could find my original live ID?

Thanks for your help.

P.S. The copy of one care that I own was purchased at a store and 1st time when I used it worked with no problem.

If you have an active subscription, which is what was created when you activated on the first computer, you need to use the same LiveID on the subsequent activations. You can't use the same key twice. If you are arriving at a screen to purchase or provide a token, you are likely not using the same LiveID as the subscription ID.

If you don't recall the LiveID you used for your subscription, you will need to contact support who can provide that information to you using your Key and/or contact information.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Alternatively, sign in at http://billing.microsoft.com with email addresses that you have set up as LiveIDs and one will show your subscription listed - that would the LiveID to use to activate the reinstall.

-steve

p.s. Sorry that I removed the support phone numbers from Joan's reply, but they can't be published here as phone support is only available to validated subscribers. Hopefully, you made a note of them before I deleted them.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 1:49 PM

All replies

•  

When did you originally purchase and install OneCare? The license to use must be renewed annually. Here are the phone numbers I was given when I called Customer Care:

[removed phone numbers - sorry... ]

Joan

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 10:40 AM
  • only a few months ago.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 1:18 PM
  •  ghaderi wrote:

Thanks for your help.

If you have an active subscription, which is what was created when you activated on the first computer, you need to use the same LiveID on the subsequent activations. You can't use the same key twice. If you are arriving at a screen to purchase or provide a token, you are likely not using the same LiveID as the subscription ID.

If you don't recall the LiveID you used for your subscription, you will need to contact support who can provide that information to you using your Key and/or contact information.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Alternatively, sign in at http://billing.microsoft.com with email addresses that you have set up as LiveIDs and one will show your subscription listed - that would the LiveID to use to activate the reinstall.

-steve

p.s. Sorry that I removed the support phone numbers from Joan's reply, but they can't be published here as phone support is only available to validated subscribers. Hopefully, you made a note of them before I deleted them.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 1:49 PM
  • Thank you Steve,

Joan

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 7:18 PM