Custom BIDS Reports are not working in On Premise CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• We have a managed solution containing some BIDS reports. It has been installed online a number of times with no issues.

We are now installing it on a fresh On Premise system.

The built in CRM reports work fine but when the custom BIDS reports are run they show an error:

• The report cannot be displayed. (rsProcessingAborted)

I can's see any SQL errors in the logs, only 4 errors relating to "cannot load the SQLPDW extension" and "cannot load the TERADATA extension".  I don't think these match the attempts to load the reports so they are coming from somewhere else (I think).

Any ideas on why some working reports would fail in this manner on a new On Premise system?  Is there likely to be a real error message somewhere?

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:32 AM

Answers

• Apologies, hadn't realized that I had never finished off this thread.

Ended up doing a reinstall of SQL as well as adding the extensions.

On the SQL side there are some elements that are required to make the fetchXML work.  I hadn't included those originally.  Can't recall which options they were unfortunately.

Monday, March 16, 2015 9:47 AM

All replies

• Please refer below links

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/34b2f6c4-a6a2-43bd-a349-ebab5b8d92f0/report-server-intermittent-terradata-errors?forum=sqlreportingservices

http://www.msbicoe.com/post/2013/05/06/SSRS-2012-Report-Server-cannot-load-the-TERADATASQLPDW-Extension-Error.aspx

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:43 AM
  • Thank you for the response.

• Do Dynamics CRM 2013 BIDS reports need these?
    • Could they be causing the failure of the BIDS reports by being turned on?

Not entirely clear on what these things are and their role in BIDS reports specifically.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:06 PM
  • Hi

Have you installed Report Authoring Extension ? That is required I suppose for running Fetch based reports.

If you had those reports from CRM online then I think those are fetchxml based reports.

It must be installed on the computer where Business Intelligence Development Studio is installed. You can install Microsoft Dynamics CRM Report Authoring Extension from go.microsoft.com/fwlink. Alternatively, you can also install it from the BIDSExtension folder in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Setup DVD.

• Edited by CRMDevlpr Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:15 PM
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:14 PM
  • That could be it.

I have installed the "Reporting Extensions" but not the "Report Authoring Extensions".

I didn't install BIDS as this is a live environment so there is a Web Server and Database Server all running 2012 software.

I am waiting for access to the server right now.  BIDS may be there as part of the SQL installation.

Are "Report Authoring Extensions" installing into SQL 2012 (surely BIDS is part of a development machine setup for building the reports)?

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:39 PM
  • Hi

As far as I get from Microsoft specifications VS 2008 and 2010 supports Report Authoring Extensions.

Here is the link from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40343

Check system requirements.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:46 PM
  • Some feedback...

Don't have Server 2012 nor SQL 2012 to hand so I set up an on premise Server 2008 and SQL 2008 system.

Installed the solution and the FetchXML reports are working fine.

I would certainly agree with the hypothesis that this is something to do with FetchXML not being configured.  I had wanted to try and reproduce the problem before getting the client to install the Report Authoring Extensions.  I am not able to reproduce so will get them to do this.

I wanted to check with users here: is that normal for SQL 2012 to not work with FetchXML out of the box? 

Is it possible that there is a misconfiguration in the SQL set up that will fix the problem or is it simply that I need to install the Report Authoring Extensions and that is that?

I will feed back early in the week with the results.

Sunday, February 23, 2014 11:15 AM
  • I have the same issue, i am just about to install Report Authoring Extensions to solve the issue.

How did it Work for you?

Monday, March 16, 2015 8:57 AM
  • Apologies, hadn't realized that I had never finished off this thread.

Ended up doing a reinstall of SQL as well as adding the extensions.

On the SQL side there are some elements that are required to make the fetchXML work.  I hadn't included those originally.  Can't recall which options they were unfortunately.

Monday, March 16, 2015 9:47 AM