none
Cannot view forums in IE 8 on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a Windows 7 Enterprise machine running Internet Explorer 8 with all the latest patches.  Most of the time, when I try to go to this forum site, I get a "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message.  I know at least one other person in my company with the same issue.

I can, however, view and post to the forum just fine when using FireFox. 

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 2:12 PM

Answers

• Try the compability button on IE8 or your protocoles are not set good, check them.
    ♪ ♫ ♯ ☺ ☻ ░░░░ ▒▒▒▒ ▓▓▓▓
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 8:04 PM

All replies

•  

Hello, I have a Windows 7 Enterprise machine running Internet Explorer 8 with all the latest patches.  Most of the time, when I try to go to this forum site, I get a "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message.  I know at least one other person in my company with the same issue.

I can, however, view and post to the forum just fine when using FireFox. 

Any ideas?

Sounds like a User-Agent issue.   You could try spoofing the Firefox UAS for IE using UAPick.  Presumably Firefox has some similar facility with which you could spoof the same UAS you are currently using with IE8, if you wanted to test that way instead.

Otherwise you need to refine you symptom description, perhaps by using  Fiddler2  to see if your request is actually being sent.

---

Saturday, April 3, 2010 4:45 PM
  • Try the compability button on IE8 or your protocoles are not set good, check them.
    ♪ ♫ ♯ ☺ ☻ ░░░░ ▒▒▒▒ ▓▓▓▓
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 8:04 PM
  • I can't view any pages at social.microsoft.com/Forums either, using internet explorer 8 and windows 7.  The login page oscillates repeatedly for a minute, and then gives up.

I have to use Mozilla/Firefox to view the pages.

I use it to find programming advice.

Saturday, February 2, 2013 1:11 AM