Validation issues despite my copy being original RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.

I bought my notebook in the US (from BestBuy so I doubt it's counterfeit) but I live in Peru. The notebook came with its own copy of Windows 7. Once I came back to my country I decided to swap the language to spanish but I did it with instructions from a site not related to microsoft. Now I'm getting this "Complication 761" message in my desktop saying the copy is not original. I told you about the language swap because I assume that's what has caused this since I didn't do any more changes to the system. I would like asistance to remove this message from my desktop since my copy of Windows is indeed genuine.

Thanks for your help.

Thursday, July 7, 2011 11:50 PM

Answers

All replies

•   In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

Friday, July 8, 2011 1:04 AM
    Answerer
  • Friday, July 8, 2011 1:47 AM
  • "R7Rodrigo" wrote in message news:3ad1b5d7-c7a1-44d8-9d64-b3289b4bf32a...

Hi there.

I bought my notebook in the US (from BestBuy so I doubt it's counterfeit) but I live in Peru. The notebook came with its own copy of Windows 7. Once I came back to my country I decided to swap the language to spanish but I did it with instructions from a site not related to microsoft. Now I'm getting this "Complication 761" message in my desktop saying the copy is not original. I told you about the language swap because I assume that's what has caused this since I didn't do any more changes to the system. I would like asistance to remove this message from my desktop since my copy of Windows is indeed genuine.

Thanks for your help.

What program or download did you use to change your language? What edition of Windows are your using?

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, July 8, 2011 11:29 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Monday, July 11, 2011 8:08 PM