Re: KB 949810 - Support Request (3500 Char Limit) RRS feed

• Question

• I submitted a support request, but another kicker is that you can't paste the results from the diagnostics tool because there's a 3500 char limit on the support request.  Nice going.

I can't use my office applications, and so far (luckily) I'm the only one at my organization who's affected.  There hasn't been a fix for this released, nor has there been instructions on how to remove it.

At the VERY LEAST, can you please just publish how to remove this update as it's not listed a) in my add/remove programs, nor b) in a $NtUninstall folder.

Thank you,
    Jeff
    Friday, April 18, 2008 5:47 PM

Answers

•  JeffMaze wrote:
    I submitted a support request, but another kicker is that you can't paste the results from the diagnostics tool because there's a 3500 char limit on the support request.  Nice going.

I can't use my office applications, and so far (luckily) I'm the only one at my organization who's affected.  There hasn't been a fix for this released, nor has there been instructions on how to remove it.

At the VERY LEAST, can you please just publish how to remove this update as it's not listed a) in my add/remove programs, nor b) in a $NtUninstall folder.

Thank you,
    Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for calling out the issue with the 3500 character limit.  I will make sure this feedback get passed on to product support ASAP.

I believe that we were able to answer your question on another thread that you posted.  If that is not the case, please reply!

Thanks,
    Michelle

Sunday, April 20, 2008 8:06 PM

All replies

• Hello,

It becomes increasingly difficult and confusing to troubleshoot multiple Validation issues within the same thread. If you are experiencing a Office Activation or Validation issue, please create your own thread for your specific issue. When posting your issue, please include a detailed decription of the issue as well as a Diagnostic Report.

To generate a Diagnostic Report, download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (on the computer experiencing the issue) found at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue" then, click the "Copy" button.  Paste (keyboard shortcut: ctrl+v) the report into the New Forum thread.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Friday, April 18, 2008 8:39 PM
  •  JeffMaze wrote:
    I submitted a support request, but another kicker is that you can't paste the results from the diagnostics tool because there's a 3500 char limit on the support request.  Nice going.

Thank you,
    Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for calling out the issue with the 3500 character limit.  I will make sure this feedback get passed on to product support ASAP.

I believe that we were able to answer your question on another thread that you posted.  If that is not the case, please reply!

Thanks,
    Michelle

Sunday, April 20, 2008 8:06 PM