Change cascading options quote / salesorder / invoice RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

When our customer tries to re-assign an account or contact, the underlying quotes/salesorders/invoices are being re-assigned as well.
    We would like to change the cascading options to ignore the assign method on these entities. Unfortunatly, these cascading options seems to be read-only and thus, cannot be set to "none"

Does anyone has a solution for this matter?

Regards,

Boudewijn Snoeren
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 12:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Larry,

I have contacted Microsoft with this issue. They said it is a bug and adviced to work around this bug.
    Thanks for your help anyway!

Boudewijn.
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 7:49 AM

All replies

• Actually the relationship behavior can be changed easily. What I think you are missing is that you need to change the Type of Behavior from Parental to Configurable Cascading in the drop down on the relationship form. Then you can change the individual options.
    Larry Lentz [Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP]
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:10 PM
  • hi larry. Thanks for the response. What I forgot to mention, is that this issue regards to crm 3. I cannot change these relationships in Crm 3. can you advice me to resolve this issue? thanks!
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:43 PM
  • Does somebody know a sollution for this issue?

Regards,

Boudewijn.
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 10:01 AM
  • Thought I had answered your question. My answer applies to 3.0 as well as 4.0.
    Larry Lentz [Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP]
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 4:17 PM
  • Hi Larry,

I have contacted Microsoft with this issue. They said it is a bug and adviced to work around this bug.
    Thanks for your help anyway!

Boudewijn.
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 7:49 AM