If Windows 8 64-bit will not run Microsoft Money H&B 2007.................? RRS feed

• Question

• Unless there have been some recent developments I can't run Money 2007 (UK version) on my new Windows 8 64-bit PC.....

That's not too bad as one helpful suggestion was to download MS Money Sunset, which I've done and it seems to work fine. Problem now is I can't import my ".mbf" Money 2007 Home & Business files into Sunset which required ".mny" files. Does anyone know of a solution that will either allow my Money 2007 to run on my new PC or a method of exporting my data files or converting them in ".mny"  files without any loss of years of data.........?????????

Jim

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:45 AM

All replies

• There is no Money 2007 (UK version). The latest UK version is Money 2005 (version 14.0.120.1105).

If you are using a UK version of Money, download Money 2005 UK via the link in the first post in this forum. Burn a copy to CD in case you need it again some day. Uninstall Sunset before installing Money 2005.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 1:13 AM
  • Many thanks Cal - for pointing me in the right direction. Strangely Money 2005 kept asking for passwords so had to be uninstalled in favour of US Money Plus Home & Biz Sunset which is working a treat with my transferred UK money files. It is not that different from my previous version which was Money 2007 Home & Business - perhaps it was not specifically a UK version, I may have bought it on a trip but both work extremely well in £ sterling for everything I need.

Thanks again

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 8:33 PM