Live Mesh Mobile beta - stuck in update loop, thinks there is a new version RRS feed

• Question

• I think I am running the latest version, 0.9.3424.9. But upon startup of Live Mesh on my mobile device, it gives me a prompt that there is a new version out there, I do the install as it suggests, but ends up at the same version, and again asking me to update. I can get out of the loop by Dismiss when it tells me a new update is available.

Also, if I choose About - Software Update, it again will find a newer version out there, but it the same version as above.

Is there something screwy on my device?

Thursday, December 4, 2008 10:49 PM

Answers

• We had an issue during the deployment of our last version and since we fixed this issue of the ongoing update prompt.

Nadia Fortini
    Live Mesh Team
    Nadia Fortini - Live Mesh Team
    • Marked as answer by Nadia Fortini Saturday, December 6, 2008 5:55 PM
    Saturday, December 6, 2008 5:55 PM

All replies

• Yes, that is the latest version you should have. Can you send us the logs to help us investigate? The procedure to send logs is provided on the notices on the main page of this forum.

Thanks,
    Archis

A Jedi in the making!
    • Proposed as answer by Ben [Live Mesh] Friday, December 5, 2008 9:16 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Nadia Fortini Saturday, December 6, 2008 5:55 PM
    Friday, December 5, 2008 5:30 AM
  • That happened to me too.  I ended up manually deleting every registry key I could find with mesh in it, then resetting and installing again, which worked for me.
    Friday, December 5, 2008 12:44 PM
  • We had an issue during the deployment of our last version and since we fixed this issue of the ongoing update prompt.

Nadia Fortini
    Live Mesh Team
    Nadia Fortini - Live Mesh Team
    • Marked as answer by Nadia Fortini Saturday, December 6, 2008 5:55 PM
    Saturday, December 6, 2008 5:55 PM