right click function in shockwave game lost RRS feed

• General discussion

• after loading Onecare, we crashed, worst in 25 yrs on a computer.      The "restore to earlier date" page was found, not easily, and it was greyed out.      The calendar itpresented,to select a date to restore to alsodid not accept any  keyboard or mouse selections, nor woul d it change month.    so, we are now lost to most everything that we believed this system was backing up for us regularly.   If it was, it doesn't know where allour stuff is or it failed in its duty to restore as the literature bragged it would with its advanced and automatic backing up .          We are now trying to get back things, one of the major issues in the online gaming is that in Shockwave, the right click function in such games as Zuma, that formerly worked, no longer works and I cannnot find any tools or FAQs or OneCare help stuff to help me get this back.       And, luckily all the schoolwork was on a flashdrive done daily, but is there truly no way to get this pc to give back what it ate?      blessings on all so kind to trouble themslves with my little painkiller Zuma jonesing......i am bedridden, dying inpain and total distraction is the only analgesic that gives temporary but nearly complete relief.      thanks       After what happened with trying to upgrade IE 7 toi IE8,  and around that same time the Onecare was loaded, we really don't know what caused the crash, but the pc would try to get to the back screen, and just was looping fromturning off to turning on and flashing a black screen, would not accept DOS,      would not read the XP disc.       Just looping on and off, on and off.
    Monday, February 23, 2009 8:02 AM

All replies

• I've moved your post to the Install topic folder of the forum from the Update folder as your problems may have begun with the installation of OneCare.
    It is possible that the problem is due to other conflicting security software remaining on the PC when OneCare was installed, as this can cause issues up to an including system instability. If there is other security software installed, remove it or remove OneCare.
    You can remove OneCare via add/remove programs in Control Panel. You can also remove IE8 from the same place, which I would recommend until you can stabilize the system and determine what the cause of the problem might be.
    If OneCare does not remove via the normal means, you can use the cleanup tool.

http://social.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/399071e2-49dc-4767-932d-d261e3965943/

As for the lack of Restore Points for System Restore, this can be due to many reasons. One would be that it is turned off, hence the lack of any points to return to. It may have been turned off by other security software or it may have been turned off by malware.

I can't comment on what is wrong with your Shockwave install, but I would suggest reinstalling that or updating it at www.adobe.com as OneCare should not have any effect on Shockwave.

If you need further help with OneCare or believe that your system problems are due to OneCare, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, February 23, 2009 1:22 PM