Assigning due date to a task without a reminder RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

My users have too many reminders. I've searched high and low for a similar process but most of the concerns about reminders I've found are about missing reminders.

Our sales team has a workflow that will essentially create dozens of tasks for them simultaneously. (Our marketing team sends an email to ~150 leads which then assigns a Phone Call to a Sales Manager to follow up on the email within 14 days.) Our team uses the Outlook plug-in for our CRM 2013 install so that these phone call activities appear in their Outlook task lists. Our team then works through their task list but currently all the tasks that are assigned to them are synced with reminders enabled because the workflow assigns a due date 14 days after the task is created.

I found an old blog post about how to use the Registry to disable Outlook Task Reminders that were synced from CRM 4.0 but that setting doesn't seem to work for me with CRM 2013. Also there is a setting in outlook where you can disable "Set reminders on tasks with due dates" but tasks that are synced from CRM don't appear to obey that setting.

In summary, my ideal behavior would be creating task in CRM with a due date, would cause the task to appear in Outlook but without the reminder enabled.

Anyone else have any experience with this?
    Thanks!

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:50 PM