none
How programmatically add new node? RRS feed

• Question

• How programmatically add new node when using a deployment from bare metal using PowerShell or C#?

There is no problem when using a deployment with preconfigured nodes. But when using a deployment from bare metal firstly is needed to click Add node on Cluster manager, then start machine and after that only node in unknown state appears. As nodes i use virtual machines, so i can start it programatically.

Thursday, July 7, 2011 2:18 PM

All replies

• Hi

You can use the PSH to manipulate the nodes. If you can start your VM nodes and have them configured to PXE boot and appear in the cluster then you can

- query for the nodes in a stete you wish, e.g. Get-HpcNode -HealthState unapproved

- keep working on the node with e.g. Assign-HpcNodeTemplate

in the PSH window type het-help on any of these commands and you will get started. Please use HPC Powershell to start your PSH window or you will not see the commands.

Friday, July 15, 2011 7:51 PM
  • Hi.

This is fine for deployment  preconfigured nodes.

From my expirience, to deploy node from bare metal, firstly we need to click Add node and select a method and template and only after that a VM receives answer with IP address and starts deployment. In other way, if we dont click Add node previously, a node doesn't start deployment and doesn't appear with Unapproved state.((((

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 11:03 AM
  • Hi

I think that you need to do one extra step. When in UI console, change to the Node Management pane. Then click Options from the top menu and select Deployment Settings. Pick the second option (Respond to all). This should show the nodes that send PXE request in the Unapproved state.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 6:29 PM