Home Automation RRS feed

• Question

• Really getting into using my WHS machine, and now have it backing up both home and work machines, and also running Slimserver for my Squeezebox duet.

But now I want to look into home automation, so whats available out there?

Have the house covered with cat 5 and wireless so what can I do - would quite like to do some lighting, heating and possible surveillance stuff - any thoughts?!

Sunday, August 31, 2008 1:11 PM

Answers

• There are a few options. However, I will warn you up front that home automation can be pretty expensive, depending on exatly what your goals are.

Anyway, you might want to look at mControl from Embedded Automation, WL3 from HAI, or the French OMServer from OMWave. They all run on, or are based on, Windows Home Server.
    Sunday, August 31, 2008 3:08 PM

All replies

• There are a few options. However, I will warn you up front that home automation can be pretty expensive, depending on exatly what your goals are.

Anyway, you might want to look at mControl from Embedded Automation, WL3 from HAI, or the French OMServer from OMWave. They all run on, or are based on, Windows Home Server.
    Sunday, August 31, 2008 3:08 PM
  •  HI Quiggles,

Can you elaborate on anything special you did to get slimserver working? I have an older slimp3 that I would really like to use from the WHS.

Thanks!!!

!#* The Brain Cloud *#!
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 5:20 AM

• *bump*  Would love the elaboration myself from others running home automation setups.
    http://eduncan911.com
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 4:28 PM