Does the main hub (1st pc) have the ability to manage "Ask me later" alerts in firewall? RRS feed

• Question

• Does the main hub (1st pc)  have the ability to manage firewall alerts  "Ask me later" in other computer. for instance let say little sister is using 2nd pc she receive a Onecare firewall pop-up alert and she click "As me later". The main hub (1st pc) is then alerted that a non-hub responded with "Ask me later" for a firewall pop-up. The main hub (1st pc) now has the ability to configure the firewall alert remotely. Now little sister don't need to worry about it since i already configure it remotely.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 9:20 PM

Answers

• That's a great idea, but I don't believe so. Based on my initial poke at it, it is major alerts stuff. If OneCare on the remote PC goes red because the firewall is off, the hub can turn it on. If a tune-up is overdue and OneCare is yellow, you can initiate a tuneup. I don't think you can do the little things, but I like the idea.

-steve

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:34 AM

All replies

• That's a great idea, but I don't believe so. Based on my initial poke at it, it is major alerts stuff. If OneCare on the remote PC goes red because the firewall is off, the hub can turn it on. If a tune-up is overdue and OneCare is yellow, you can initiate a tuneup. I don't think you can do the little things, but I like the idea.

-steve

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:34 AM
  • Stephen is entirely correct. 

The hub PC can report the red/yellow/green status of the remote PC, and the list of actions (if any) that need to be taken on the remote PC.  It can also perform a few select action items remotely (turning on anti-virus real time scanning, turning on the phishing filter, starting  tune-up, turning on the firewall, and so on).  For the actions cannot be taken remotely, the hub PC displays a message to this effect.  The remote actions can be performed only when both (hub and remote) computers are on and able to communicate with each other over the local network.

Thank you for the great suggestion RE forwarding the firewall alerts!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 4:49 AM