RTCSRV service account has not enough permissions to read Exchange objects in Active Directory??? RRS feed

• Question

• My OCS environment is working fine; I can use Life Meeting and Office Communicator to communicate with other users.

After setting up Exchange/UM with OCS and activating the users my setup looks like this:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    ocsumutil verify command (on OCS machine)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.SGTIOCS>ocsumutil /domaingtiocs.nl /verify
    Using default organizational unit: OU=RTC Special Accounts.

UM Dial Plan: SGTIOCS.SGTIOCS.nl
    Corresponding Location Profile verified.

UM Auto Attendant: SGTIOCS_AA
    Contact object found: CN=SGTIOCS_AA.SGTIOCS,OU=RTC Special Accounts,DC=SGTIOCS,D
    C=nl

End.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.SGTIOCS>

--------------------------------------
    exchucutil verify command (on Exchange machine)
    --------------------------------------

[PS] E:\Support\en_exchange_srv_2007\sp1\scripts>./exchucutil -verify

ObjectName                AccessRights                     Configured
    ----------                        ------------                             ----------
    Company BV                ListChildren                       True
    UM DialPlan Container  ListChildren, ReadProperty  True

PoolFqdn                                        UMIPGateway                      DialPlans
    --------                                              -----------                                  ---------
    SOCS0001SEL.SGTIOCS.nl            SOCS0001SEL                      {SGTIOCS}

[PS] E:\Support\en_exchange_srv_2007\sp1\scripts>

---------------------------------------

OCS has been configured but I still do not get any response from Exchange. I was both restarting Exchange UM and the OCS frontend service.

In OCS I can see the following error:

-----------------------------------------
    OCS Eventviewer message1
    -----------------------------------------

Event Type:    Warning
    Event Source:    OCS Exchange Unified Messaging Routing
    Event Category:    (1040)
    Event ID:    44028
    Date:        15-6-2007
    Time:        10:39:56
    User:        N/A
    Computer:    SOCS0001SEL
    Description:
    Exchange Unified Messaging Routing Application did not find any Exchange UM servers.

Cause: No Exchange UM servers are configured for SIP traffic or the RTCSRV service account does not have permission to read Exchange objects in Active Directory.
    Resolution:
    Configure one or more Exchange UM servers to handle SIP traffic.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

On Exchange I got the the following error:
    -------------------------------------
    Exchange Eventviewer (1)
    -------------------------------------

The IP gateway or IP-PBX SOCS0001SEL.SGTIOCS.nl did not respond to a SIP OPTIONS request from the Unified Messaging server. The error code that was returned is "0" and the error text is ":This operation has timed out.".

According to the scripts above the Exchange UM server is linked to the OCS environment. How can I change the RTCSRV service account to have permissions to read Exchange objects in Active Directory? Is there another way to debug connectivity with Exchange Unified Messaging?

Any help would be very much appreciated!!!

Thomas

Friday, June 15, 2007 5:21 PM

Answers