Method for reporting Bugs RRS feed

• Question

• I have a WHS server bug that has been reported elsewhere.  I cannot access any of my backups.  I have 3 Windows Vista Ultimate PC's, 2 Vista Ultimate Laptops, 2 Vista Home Premium PC's and 1 XP Pro Laptop that are backed up to my HP EX470 running WHS PP2 .  When I try and restore ANY backup the progress bar gets to 81% then I receive an error message "Cannot mount the backup" followed by the restore process being aborted.  This has been a widely reported fault on Connect -or so it would appear.  I have Validated other user bug reports in Connect but was wondering if it was better to submit my own report. 

As far as I can tell this problem has been around pretty much since PP2 was released.  I only discovered the problem because a few days ago I attempted to restore a backup on one of my PC's.  I cannot restore ANY backup of ANY machine from ANY WHS connection on ANY of my PC's.  I have gone back up to 6 months and still no success.  The backups all appear to work overnight (no errors) so I have not yet taken the step of resetting the backup database.  I believe the backups are sound - I just can't restore from any of them. 

Advice on this problem would be appreciated, as well as advice on whether I should log my own bug report on Connect.

Thanks
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:07 AM

Answers

• The best thing to do for you would be to submit a bug report on Windows Home Server Connect Feedback site yourself since there are multiple causes for the "79/81" % backup issue, so your problem may well be unique. By submitting your own bug report the developers can investigate your specific problem.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 4:42 AM

All replies

• The best thing to do for you would be to submit a bug report on Windows Home Server Connect Feedback site yourself since there are multiple causes for the "79/81" % backup issue, so your problem may well be unique. By submitting your own bug report the developers can investigate your specific problem.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 4:42 AM

Thanks.

I have now submitted a bug report.
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 12:53 PM
  • OK, thanks.

Now please be a little patient and allow the WHS team some time to investigate your problem. I hope they can fix it for you!
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 3:38 AM