none
Can't ask a question in the SC Configuration Manager Forum

Question

• I was in the SC Configuration Manager Partner Forum and clicked ask a question

This stupid page keeps asking me for a forum category and forum.  The forum I was just looking at isn't listed.

NONE of the catorogies listed are any of the ones I want to post in except hopefully this one to find out why I can't post anywhere else.

Completly frustrated !! I have wasted an hour trying to find my way around this site trying to ask a question.

How do I find the correct Forum Category and Forum to post my question ???

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 2:41 PM

Answers

• Ahh... I see what you are saying, just repro-ed it. You do want to post in the Partner forum but the category is not being displayed. It looks like this forum is locked which is why you cannot find it. These threads are suppose to have a locked symbol. It appears we have a bug which causes this not to be displayed as designed. I will log a bug regarding this.

Forums Program Manager

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 5:07 PM

All replies

• Completly frustrated !! I have wasted an hour trying to find my way around this site trying to ask a question.

Perhaps you have a branding issue?  E.g. when you look at this link does it have a  "partner"  element in it?   If so, I suspect you could be seeing the same sort of problem that I do if I enter the forums from the MVPforum "brand" forums.  That brand tries to stick to all my other forum activity and causes problems in various ways.  Then what I have to do is delete that element from any link that has it in my Address bar and that then allows me to go with fewer issues to other brands.

OTOH if you are trying to ask a Partner specific question in a Partner forum I'm not sure that even here is the place to get help about it.   Perhaps there is a WIKI?...

Can't find one (searching for partner brand forums) but that search is complicated by the frequency with which posters who are designated as Partner post and amend WIKI articles.   ; )

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 3:07 PM
  • Robert is correct, it appears that you are not in the correct Brand (site). You should be able to find what you are looking for in this category: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=configurationmanager&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc Hope this helps!

Forums Program Manager

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:55 PM
  • Ahh... I see what you are saying, just repro-ed it. You do want to post in the Partner forum but the category is not being displayed. It looks like this forum is locked which is why you cannot find it. These threads are suppose to have a locked symbol. It appears we have a bug which causes this not to be displayed as designed. I will log a bug regarding this.

Forums Program Manager

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 5:07 PM
  • Appreciate the responses but as a Partner how to I ask the question in the SC Configuration Manager (Partner) forum in a timely manner ?

i.e it could take weeks to resolve a bug.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:52 PM
  • Appreciate the responses but as a Partner how to I ask the question in the SC Configuration Manager (Partner) forum in a timely manner ?

i.e it could take weeks to resolve a bug.

My guess is that you won't be able to, since Bryant has noted that the entire forum is locked. Have you tried posting in the normal people ConfigMgr forums? We're still quite helpful over there too, in my opinion at least.

Don't retire TechNet!

Thursday, August 1, 2013 12:05 AM