none
Stop spam threads

General discussion

• This morning I saw more than 30 spam threads in Visual C# forum by a the same person sahil lalala. All these threads were posted within a span of 2 minutes. Here is my suggestion. Do not allow a person to start a thread for atelast 5-10 minutes from his last thread.

If anyone has other suggestions, please post.

Please mark this post as answer if it solved your problem. Happy Programming!

• Changed type Adavesh Monday, December 31, 2012 5:36 AM
    Monday, December 31, 2012 5:36 AM

All replies

• Did you also report this person in Forum's Issues 'Report SPAM' thread?

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Monday, December 31, 2012 10:18 PM
  • Yes. I did report the threads as SPAM. But, looking at more than 50 threads posted in just 5 minutes, made me wonder why don't Microsoft have this feature to prevent bulk spam threads streaming into forums.

Please mark this post as answer if it solved your problem. Happy Programming!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013 3:06 PM
  • Here's another one. When looking at the activity he she has, I really wonder what he/she's thinking. There would be a sandbox for the forums to test out proposing and unproposing answers.

Just found him because several posts in the same thread have been proposed and unproposed as answer by the same person.

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

• Edited by Livio von Büren Friday, January 4, 2013 8:38 AM Link to the sandbox added
    Friday, January 4, 2013 8:36 AM