none
SyncProgress event is not reporting progress correctly when data is batched RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to use the SyncProgress event on the RelationalSyncProvider to track the progress of a sync session.  I'm synchronizing two sqlserver dbs over wcf.  The sync works correctly but the ScopeProgress and TableProgress stats that are exposed by the DBSyncProcessEventArgs are not getting updated correctly as rows are synchronized and the data is batched.  If the data is not batched then the TableProgress is correct. 

When the SyncProgress event is fired, the Inserts, Updates, Deletes, TotalChanges, and ChangesPending properties on the DBSyncTableProgress object that is available on the DbSyncProcessEventArgs seem to reflect the totals for a single batch.  I can almost understand this as intentional behavior except that these numbers don't get reset for each batch.  The BatchApplied Event fires as expected, but when the SyncProgress event fires again, the properties reflect the numbers from the previous batch.  The ChangesPending is also set to 0.  Basically after the first batch is processed, this event becomes useles.  Is this a known bug?  Is there a fix available for this or a possible workaround?
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 4:53 PM

Answers

• Thanks for letting us know. This is known issue and will be triaged for the next release.

Thanks
    Jandeep

jandeepc
    • Marked as answer by bar1 Monday, February 8, 2010 7:49 PM
    Monday, February 8, 2010 6:44 PM

All replies

• have you tried checking stats on the SyncContext.GroupProgress instead?
    Friday, January 29, 2010 6:25 PM
  • The insert/update/delete/totalchanges would be cumulative and may not make sense for each batch.
    This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 7:32 AM
  • Thanks for letting us know. This is known issue and will be triaged for the next release.

Thanks
    Jandeep

jandeepc
    • Marked as answer by bar1 Monday, February 8, 2010 7:49 PM
    Monday, February 8, 2010 6:44 PM
  • When will the next release be available?

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 4:12 PM
  • Has this been fixed in Sync Framework 2.1 ?

I've tried to find a list of bug fixes for this release to no avail.

Al.

Friday, October 8, 2010 2:04 PM
  • Yes the issue has been fixed in Sync Framework 2.1 release.

thanks

Jandeep

jandeepc
    • Proposed as answer by Jandeep Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:14 AM
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:14 AM