Cant access MS Money 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• MS Money 2005 is thru Microsoft.net passport. a couple days ago everything fine. Now when I log in am told have wrong email or password, not true
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:00 PM

All replies

• Write down your password and associated email address while/if you can remember it. If you cannot remember it, write down what you can remember.

Disconnect your computer from the internet (pull the cable or whatever it takes).

Once into your UK Money 2005 file, you could consider exporting all of your accounts to QIF files, and then import them all at once into a new empty file. Some things are lost, but your file would be very clean. You could also change versions in the process.

Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:41 PM
  • Hi Charlie Shaffer.  Please let me know If Cal's fix works.  I've tried it several times and still get the sign-in page asking for my forgotten password.  I've even tried clicking on my Qdata backups, re-installed 2005, and the updated Sunset.  Still get that same &%@#$ sign-in page blocking me from reaching the homepage that will let me change the password.  I've disconnected internet and turned off the router with no difference.  
    • Edited by catnipper Monday, November 28, 2011 9:18 AM
    Monday, November 28, 2011 9:16 AM
  • It appears that I have been in error. Money 2005 apparently won't let you remove a LiveID/Passport, so you have to continue to sign in offline if you keep using that file. And yes, you will have to have the credentials that were in effect at the time the file was saved. This will not help those who have lost their passwords.

Once successfully logged into Money 2005 users can do QIF export and import all-at-once into a new file.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/178830 tells how. Yes, you will lose some information, but you will have a very clean file. For example, stock symbols do not come across, and you will have to re-enter those. You will be free of having to enter your password each time you enter the file. You can add a conventional password. Don't forget the password if you do.

You could also do your importing into a different version, including Money Plus Sunset.

Monday, November 28, 2011 8:56 PM