windows 7 xp mode running accpac error number of files exceeded RRS feed

• Question

• Attempting to run accpac under windows 7 virtual pc xp mode.  I have overcome several

problems (assigning parallel port to a shared usb port with w7 using net use lpt1:...,

and several other issues to pass an internal pre going live test).  After going live

worked for several 16 bit programs that we use (clipper based) however, now have what

could be a game stopper problem.  While running accounts payable of accpac (vesion 6.x or

something) and after printing cheques and advice and on second part to print out

summarized entries received an error like:   "cannot proceed over open files limit of

operating system".  This surprised me as we have been running for years this same

application under Windows XP.  I had to put back the original machine and before

returning the new machine, I wanted to know of any fixes or suggestions.

Thank you

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 8:53 PM

Answers

• Hello jerryfe,

This forum is for the support of Windows 7 Validation (Non-Genuine) issues. From what I gather from your post, your issue does not appear to Validation related.

I recommend posting your question in the Windows 7 Answer Forum (http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 ) that best fits your question.

Thank you,

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 21, 2010 9:48 PM
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 9:48 PM

All replies

• Hello jerryfe,

This forum is for the support of Windows 7 Validation (Non-Genuine) issues. From what I gather from your post, your issue does not appear to Validation related.

I recommend posting your question in the Windows 7 Answer Forum (http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 ) that best fits your question.

Thank you,

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 21, 2010 9:48 PM
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 9:48 PM
  • Edit CONFIG.NT and set FILES=250
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 3:16 PM