Importing and exporting user profiles RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I recently installed SS 2.5 on my WinXP computer and have been trying to configure it.  I logged in as an administrator, installed all the programs, set WDP on and added a User account.  As an experiment in what is part of a "profile", I then logged in to the User account and set the desktop to another theme. 

I logged back in as administrator, exported the user profile, immediately re-imported it, and then logged off.  I clicked the "Save changes and restart the computer" prompt and then the machine rebooted.  I saw the "Windows is committing changes..." message as it was rebooting.  I then went into the user account and to my surprise the desktop was the OLD desktop, not the new one.  I thought that user profiles did not have anything to do with desktop themes?  So I am confused why the desktop reverted back to the original one even though I exported and then immediately re-imported the user profile.  Can anyone shed some light on this behavior?

Thanks,
    David
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 10:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

i got similar problems. I don't use WDP only locked Profiles. After the import from an exported Profile is only the classic view available, in the Original Profile everything looks like it should. Is that a bug or a feature?

Greetings
    Lukas
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 7:48 AM