PWA project not displaying in Project Professional RRS feed

• Question

• I have a project that displays in PWA but I am unable to view it in Project Professional.  I select to open it in project professional and supply my login credentials.  MS Project is launched but nothing is displayed in the Gantt view.  The name of the project is displayed in the top banner, I can see the Resource Planner, with resources assigned to tasks, but the actual tasks are not displayed.

Monday, February 7, 2011 1:05 PM

Answers

• F3 will remove all filters.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Twitter: @alavinsky
    • Marked as answer by Minimes Tuesday, February 8, 2011 9:36 PM
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 2:54 AM

All replies

• Make sure that the filter is not set.  The filter should be set to "ALL"

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Monday, February 7, 2011 1:13 PM
  • Thanks Michael for your response, but which filter should be set to ALL?

Bizarre that I can see the tasks through Team Planner, but not through Gantt?

Cheers,

Monday, February 7, 2011 1:49 PM
  • which project professional version you are using? if Project 2010, Select the Task tab first, and then click on the Gantt Chart drop down menu and make sure the Gantt chart is selected.

let me know if its works for you?

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Monday, February 7, 2011 1:59 PM
  • Hi Khurram, I'm using Project 2010 and the Gantt chart view is selected.  I do get an error message on opening the file which is something about different currency for the project than is specified on the server.  I get the option to change to the server setting or remain with project, but either way the tasks still do not display.

Cheers,

Monday, February 7, 2011 2:09 PM
  • F3 will remove all filters.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Twitter: @alavinsky
    • Marked as answer by Minimes Tuesday, February 8, 2011 9:36 PM
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 2:54 AM
  • Andrew, thank you, my project is alive and well in Project Professional! 
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 9:36 PM