none
How can I fix a problem using OneNote (Office 2016) on my iPad, iPhone or Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I have some correspondence from the OneDrive support but they essentially gave up with a link to general OneNote support.

I have a OneNote file that has topics that are shared over all my devices.  Recently there are two topics that when opened on an Apple iPad show a big X with words that we couldn't open this page.  All the other topics open correctly on all the devices.  How can I fix the Apple device program so it let's me see all the topics.  I've pasted below the correxpondence with the MS OneDrive support who effectively gave up fixing the problem :(  The OneNote link is no help.

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

OneDrive Logo

Abubakkar Siddik Choudhury (Microsoft)

Jul 13, 02:23 BST

Hi Edward, In response to your ask we would like to inform you that we are from OneDrive team and unfortunately we do not have expertise regarding the issue you are facing with OneNote. Therefore, we request you to use the below mentioned information for further support. Links :- https://support.office.com/en-us/onenote and https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Microsoft-OneNote-Help-f44e5bcd-5203-4553-9de4-0c56e6500825  We regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

Regards, Abubakkar OneDrive Support

Edward Mitchell .

Jul 12, 16:37 BST

I uploaded a 6MB file on my iPad using OneDrive.  When I look at the Files page I see what look like folders for Attachments, Documents, Music, Pictures, ZipShare and down at the bottom of the list, my file that I just uploaded.

If I touch Documents in that list I see 3 OneNote files: “Edward’s Notebook”, “emitchell@ieee.org” and “Temp”

When I do this on my Windows machine I see the same results. My file, the 6MB one is shown on the Files page but under the line of 5 folders, Attachments, Documents, etc. as above.

Ed

Attachment(s) ~WRD000.jpg

Jul 11, 23:33 BST

Thank you for your response.  In response to the question 3, I would request you to follow the below mentioned steps and let me know the results:

1. Please follow the link: www.onedrive.live.com and then sign in with your account.
    2. You will see an option Upload.
    3. Please click on it and upload any file other than OneNote file.
    4. Let me know if you are able to upload the file.

Awaiting your response.

Edward Mitchell .

Jul 11, 22:55 BST

1. I don’t know about a business account so I suppose you can say I’m not using one.

2. I’m not trying to upload the file.  Yesterday was the first I had ever heard of OneDrive. I want notes in OneNote to be visible to my Windows computers (a desktop and a laptop) and also my iPad and iPhone.

3. Again I know nothing about OneDrive.

4. Small (2K).  I have about 40 notes that are visible to all my devices.  Just 2 have decided to be difficult.  On the iPad there’s a large cross in a circle with text underneath “We couldn’t open this page.”  On the iPhone there’s a blank page.

Regards,

Ed Mitchell

--

Edward E.L. Mitchell

12214 Lakewood Ct,

Fort Myers, FL 33908

(239) 415-7039

shellpoint.info

Attachment(s) ~WRD000.jpg

Jul 11, 20:47 BST

Hi Edward, I have checked the case number you gave me and it seems that you are facing challenge with uploading OneNote files to OneDrive. I request you to provide me with the following details:

1. Are you using Business account for OneDrive?
    2. Do you see any specific error while trying to upload the file?
    3. Are you able to upload files other than OneNote to OneDrive?
    4. What is the size of the OneNote file you are trying to upload?

Awaiting your response.

Edward Mitchell .

Jul 11, 20:35 BST

I have 2 topics that can't be seen om my iPad or my iPhone. I described the problem to OneNote who diagnosed the problem with OneDrive. The Service Request ID for reference of OneNote session today: 1432997432.

Microsoft Logo

Microsoft respects your privacy. Review our online Privacy Statement.

Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way. Redmond, WA 98052

[GD9WEX-80QQ]

Edward E. L. Mitchell Phone: (239)415-7039 12214 Lakewood Court Fort Myers, FL 33908

Friday, July 13, 2018 6:09 PM

Answers

• Hello Edward Mitchell,

This forum(General Office Development) is for discussing development issue related Office Object Model and I think your issue is more related to OneDrive product features, so I would suggest you post your issue on the OneDrive Answer forum and for current thread, I will move it to Off-Topic forum.

Thanks for understanding,

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Ed Mitchell Monday, July 16, 2018 4:54 PM
    Monday, July 16, 2018 2:44 AM
  • Not completely clear but if your issues are with OneNote then I'd ask for help over here in Office OneNote forum.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onenote

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, July 16, 2018 2:55 AM

All replies

• Hello Edward Mitchell,

This forum(General Office Development) is for discussing development issue related Office Object Model and I think your issue is more related to OneDrive product features, so I would suggest you post your issue on the OneDrive Answer forum and for current thread, I will move it to Off-Topic forum.

Thanks for understanding,

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Ed Mitchell Monday, July 16, 2018 4:54 PM
    Monday, July 16, 2018 2:44 AM
  • Not completely clear but if your issues are with OneNote then I'd ask for help over here in Office OneNote forum.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onenote

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, July 16, 2018 2:55 AM