Sync Framework v2 CTP2 - ApplyChangesFailed eats up memory RRS feed

• Question

• I'm syncing tables from a Oracle database in download only mode to a local sqlce database. Every time an insert fails (e.g because of a foreign key constraint) the process needs more memory. I had an example where a few thousand inserts failed out of 220000 records. This caused the memory footprint of the process to climb from about 350 MB to 1.5 GB.
    If I remove the constraints so that no insert will fail the process stays at the 350 MB.

Is this a known bug or am I missing something here?

Uwe
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 4:42 PM

Answers

• This is a known issue tha has been addressed in the providers tha leverage the Microsoft Sync Framework:

• SqlSyncProvider
    • SqlCeSyncProvider
    • DbSyncProvider
    • RelationalSyncProvider

DbySyncProvider will support syncing with oracle when syncfx v2 RTWs.  If you do not want to move to DbSyncProvider, workaround is as follows:

• Register the ApplyChangeFailed event and resolve each conflict
    • After resolving, clear SyncTableProgress.Conflicts so these conflicts do not accumulate

Regards,

Sean Kelley
    Program Manager
    Microsoft

Wednesday, September 2, 2009 7:31 PM

All replies

• This is a known issue tha has been addressed in the providers tha leverage the Microsoft Sync Framework:

• SqlSyncProvider
    • SqlCeSyncProvider
    • DbSyncProvider
    • RelationalSyncProvider

DbySyncProvider will support syncing with oracle when syncfx v2 RTWs.  If you do not want to move to DbSyncProvider, workaround is as follows:

• Register the ApplyChangeFailed event and resolve each conflict
    • After resolving, clear SyncTableProgress.Conflicts so these conflicts do not accumulate

Regards,

Sean Kelley
    Program Manager
    Microsoft

Wednesday, September 2, 2009 7:31 PM
  • Thanks a lot!

Uwe
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 3:37 PM