Which certification is required to me - I have been working on Visula Studio 2008 C# Windows Development, WPF RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

        I am  new to the certification from Microsoft.  After  looking lot of options in the learning page i am unable to find which is suitable for me.  I have been  working in VS 2008  but recent certification page suggests for MCTS shows  VS 2010.   Please  suggest   how to start a certification for a IT  professional  having  4 years exp  in C#.Net and Windows devlopment.  Can i go for  VS 2008 first which i am working and  which Exam i should start ?



    Saturday, February 4, 2012 6:38 PM


  • Hi,

    I would recommend the 70-511 exam which is for .NET 4 (because it is the most recent one). If you would go for a VS 2008 exam you have two options for desktop development:

    1. 70-536 + 70-505 = Windows Forms
    2. 70-536 + 70-502 = WPF

    Note that you need both for a MCTS exam. You can find a good overview about the exams one this site in the Visual Studio section.

    After these exams you can go for a MCPD.

    Best Regards. Please Mark Answered, If my solution solves your problem.
    • Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Saturday, February 4, 2012 10:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Monday, February 13, 2012 4:18 AM
    Saturday, February 4, 2012 9:12 PM