network and mesh RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I like mesh. It is nicely designed and is user friendly. Installed fine, and have had no errors with my mesh. But, I did experiance an issue with my network. After installing mesh, my network crashed. I lost connection from the pc to the router, and the router lost connection to the internet. I restarted my pc, repaired my connection, and it is fine now.My question is: is this a known issue with mesh, or was it an issolated insodent. Normally I have no problems with my network.
    Diana , MSP, MSBP, .Net Developement and Visual Basic Moderator http://djartsinc.spaces.live.com
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:23 AM

Answers

• Hi Diana,

This sounds like a really bad coincidence - or more likely a really overprotective firewall! Since Live Mesh doesn't really communicate with your router or do anything funky with your machine's network connections (at least, not that I know of) the likely cause is that somewhere along the line something detected an illegal packet and decided to shut you down. Possibly also shutting down your router - it's extremely unlikely - but it just sounds like you had some bad luck!

Sorry about that :( You could try logging a bug for it, but it just sounds, as you say, like an isolated incident (unless you can reproduce it, in which case I would say that you have found an amazing bug and that you should submit a bug asap!).

Cheers,

Oren

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Diana,

This sounds like a really bad coincidence - or more likely a really overprotective firewall! Since Live Mesh doesn't really communicate with your router or do anything funky with your machine's network connections (at least, not that I know of) the likely cause is that somewhere along the line something detected an illegal packet and decided to shut you down. Possibly also shutting down your router - it's extremely unlikely - but it just sounds like you had some bad luck!

Sorry about that :( You could try logging a bug for it, but it just sounds, as you say, like an isolated incident (unless you can reproduce it, in which case I would say that you have found an amazing bug and that you should submit a bug asap!).

Cheers,

Oren

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:41 PM
  • Hi nacdmore,

Your probably right. I reset the router and everything is running fine now. I haven't had any issues since then. I don't want to mess with it as long as it is running good. My router has it's own firewall and my pc has a firewall.. I think my mistack was installing it on my base pc, as everything else is connected wireless to the network. Thanks for your reply.
    Diana , MSP, MSBP, .Net Developement and Visual Basic Moderator http://djartsinc.spaces.live.com
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:46 PM