Error connecting MS CRM Web appliction to SQL Server 2005 database using VMware virtual machine setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have 2 VM virtual machines (using VMware ESX Server 3i version 3.5); one running as a web server and one hosting a production copy of a SQL Server 2005 database.
    The database is up and running Ok and can log in, however had to start all the services as Local System, not as my Admin account

From the Web Server however I'm trying to get a mirror copy of our MS Dynamics CRM system up and running. Getting the following errors however...
    Can anyone provide me with any kind of guideline to solve this problem ?

‘A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is configured to allow remote connections (provider: Names Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server’

Then I get a load of stack trace System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException  exception information….

i)                    All the services on the SQL Server VM machine are up and running, including SQL Browser. However all running as Local System.

ii)                   I have confirmed thru Surface Config that the Database is configured to accept remote connections.

iii)                 There is no Firewall running on the VM SQL Server virtual machine.

Anyone give me any pointers or what info they might require from me to progress this further would be great

thanks

Wednesday, July 1, 2009 4:26 PM

Answers

• your sql server is not configured to allow remote connections
    maybe check this link:support.microsoft.com/kb/914277

Just shout if this is not helpfull!

Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Friday, July 3, 2009 2:56 PM