Quarantine files RRS feed

• Question

•  

WHEN I CLICK ON THE QUARANTINE FILE BUTTON I GET THIS MESSAGE

THE VIRUS AND SPYWARE PROTECTION SERVICE ENCOUNTERED AN UNKNOWN PROBLEM.PLEASETRY AGAIN LATER,IF THIS PROBLEM PERSISTS CONTACT SUPPORT

I HAVE LOOKED AND LOOKED AND I NEED HELP TKS    

RANDY

Thursday, November 22, 2007 7:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'm getting the same error as well. Hopefully, we get someone from Microsoft to respond ASAP and not delay!!!

Friday, November 23, 2007 3:21 PM
  • Have you contacted support per the message? 

http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2 - use the "Get More Help" link in the lower right of the page to contact support

-steve

Saturday, November 24, 2007 2:19 AM
  • I JUST REMOVED IT DONT WANT IT IF IT IS THAT BAD OF A THING TOGET HELP

TKS ANYWAY

Monday, November 26, 2007 11:56 AM
  • Sorry that you decided to remove OneCare, but getting help isn't all that difficult via the link I provided or from within OneCare.

-steve

Monday, November 26, 2007 7:43 PM
  •  Mikey12 wrote:

I'm getting the same error as well. Hopefully, we get someone from Microsoft to respond ASAP and not delay!!!

Mikey12, if you are still encountering this problem, could you confirm that you are using version 2.0 of OneCare? See help/About in OneCare.

If so, please create a support log per the procedure below and email the resulting zip file to me at sboots@mvps.org with OneCare Quarantine in the subject line and a link to this thread in the message body.

If you are on 1.6, please uninstall and reinstall (http://onecare.live.com) and activate with the same LiveID you originally subscribed with. Be sure to confirm that LiveID - Help/About - subscription ID - before uninstalling.

Steps to generate support data -

1. Open Windows Explorer and locate the following folder if Windows is installed on the C drive:
      C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live\
    2. Double click the file named OneCareSupport or OneCareSupport.exe. It will begin to collect the information.
    3. When it finishes collecting the information, note the path shown and name of the information file. (Generally, it is C:\OneCareSupportData.zip)

-steve

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 8:16 PM