Project Server 2010 Schedule how to display this as a list item RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working on a Project Server 2010 project where I need to link each task in the "Schedule" to a list in sharepoint so that each task can have its own workspace. For example, a task could be to train users so I need a link in the task to another list where I can enter participants list. A one task to many participants relationship. Alternatively, if I can display a schedule as a list then I can configure sub lists to it.

What would be the best way to tackle this problem?

Thursday, May 19, 2011 8:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• Graham,

Project server does not quite work that way. You can link Risks, Issues and documents to tasks, but no other lists. That would require sevious development.

What you may be able to do is manually copy a list link into a task note. At least the link can be seen by users when viewing the task notes.

Also if you really want to have a workspace for each task, you may want to think about Master Projects and Sub Projects. That way you can have a Master project workspace and seperate workspaces for each sub projects.

Hope this helps

Marc Soester [MVP] http://marcsoester.blogspot.com
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:09 PM
  • Graham:

This is a very manul process, but you can do this by first creating the sites or lists to which you want to link, and then for each task, populate the href field with the link to the site or list. You can then expose the href field in your PWA views.

I'm not sure whether you want to use a list or a workspace as you refer to both in your post.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Monday, May 23, 2011 5:30 PM