MSCRM3.0 : Edit the Close Opportunity Webpage Dialog.. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Dear all..

May i know, can we edit the Close Opportunity Webpage Dialog??

Go to any Opportunity > Action > Close Opportunity then you will see the webpage dialog..

And my question is:

1) Can we edit the Label name?

2) Can we set the field to be a mandatory field?

Appreciate if you can help me on this.

Regards
    Mr.Cosmic

Monday, December 3, 2007 10:45 AM

Answers

• Hi Cosmic,

Unfortunatly we cannot customize the close windows like Opportunity Close window in supported way. There is no documentation available for it from Microsoft.

The only solution is to try to edit the aspx pages which is strongly not recommended.

Monday, December 3, 2007 11:20 AM
  • It's Not supported for sure, however, the one you are looking for is : CRMWeb\SFA\opps\dlg_closeopp.aspx

It's half-hardcoding, edit it as your own risk.

Cheers,

Jim

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 11:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Cosmic,

Unfortunatly we cannot customize the close windows like Opportunity Close window in supported way. There is no documentation available for it from Microsoft.

The only solution is to try to edit the aspx pages which is strongly not recommended.

Monday, December 3, 2007 11:20 AM
  • Hello:

According to the MS CRM 3.0 book it states the following:

To edit the closing dialog picklist values, you must modify the statuscode attribute (Status Reason display name) of the entity you are closing. 

1. Go to the customization section of MSCRM and click customize entities

2. Double Click the Opportunity entity

3. In the navigation pane click Attributes and double click the statuscode schema name. The attribute editor appears.

4. In the state list, select closed. The picklist values change from the Open value to the completed values (won, lost)

5. Click Add, and then in the label field, type " FIELD NAME OF YOUR CHOICE" and click ok.

Do this for each of the statuses out of the box, so when your user chooses Won, there should be another set of choices, as well as with Lost, or Closed etc.

This process has to be used for any of the closing dialog boxes such as converting a lead, closing an activity, or resolving a case.

I hope this helps

Kim

Monday, December 3, 2007 11:15 PM
  •  uMar Khan wrote:

Hi Cosmic,

I think im agree with umar khan..  huhu..

but if you have a experience with this issues, please share with us..

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 3:13 AM
  • It's Not supported for sure, however, the one you are looking for is : CRMWeb\SFA\opps\dlg_closeopp.aspx

It's half-hardcoding, edit it as your own risk.

Cheers,

Jim

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 11:44 AM