LIVE ONE RRS feed

• Question

• WHY DOES MY LIVE ONE TELL ME TO INSERT A BLANK DISC? I HAVE DONE THIS AND IT KEEPS TELLING ME . I AM DOING THIS FOR MY NEIGHBOR AND I HAVE DONE THIS ON MY OWN COMPUTER WITH NO PROBLEM. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO BACK UP THIS COMPUTER  OR WHAT THE PROBLEM IS.
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 3:08 PM

Answers

• This can happen for two main reasons.
    1. The disc is an RW or rewritable disc format and may have been erased. OneCare backup doesn't like RW discs for some reason and a previously used disc gives it even more fits. Try the cheaper type R discs.
    2. Some other software is conflicting with the backup program's ability to access the CD/DVD writer. Packet Writing software should be uninstalled. Both Roxio and Nero include packet writing software by default in their suits - DirectCD and InCD are the programs. These programs monitor the drive and may be holding the drive.
    If neither of the above apply, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 3:24 PM