Remote Access Fails After Changing Router - but passes internal checks! RRS feed

• Question

• As a new WHS user, I am hoping for some guidance. The system in use is an ASUS TS mini equipped with a monitor, mouse and keyboard. The original router was a Netgear (192.168.1.1) with Brighthouse as an ISP.

This system setup like a charm, and worked right away. In order to upgrade the speed of the network, the router was changed to a new D-Link DIR 655. (192.168.0.1)

If I had it to do over I would have changed the IP in the router to the same as the old Netgear...but i did not. In the new router, there is a reservation for the server, and the port forwarding has been set up.

Here is the interesting part.

When the remote access feature is turned on, WHS completes its activities with 4 green checks and announces that everything is working! But a click on the link to the address of the server that is display times out.

As the hours pass, the server delivers messages about the router not forwarding the ports correctly, etc. Any ideas where to look?

Monday, January 3, 2011 1:28 PM