CRM 2011 The import of solution : Default Solution failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I am having an issue when I try to upload my solution to CRM Database.It shown no spesific errors but on the report It says: site map: " unprocessed" and then after 87% it roles back.

I am just wondering is there any one can give me an opinion how to solve this situation ?
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:50 PM

Answers

• Issue has been solved.The main issue was  "customization xml" file was corrupted after the fix, it works fine.

Thank you all for your concern and help.

• Proposed as answer by VidhiyaM Wednesday, December 11, 2013 11:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Saturday, December 14, 2013 5:26 PM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 10:11 PM

All replies

• Enable trace and check if you have some details there

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 11:11 PM
  • ok, does the solution is managed or unmanaged, in your dev enviroment(where the solution produced), try to exclusive the site map, and try to upload again, if it is succssful, then you may need to figure out what does the site map customisations are and try to tweak it.

also if you could enable the the trace log to see the specific error is, it is much helpful to dignose the issues.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 11:12 PM
  • Thanks for reply.

It is unmanaged and I already tried removing sitemap from the solution without no effect (Tried removing reports too). Trace didn't help as well... I enabled SQL tracing and going through the log now. 

Any other ideas ?

Thursday, October 31, 2013 12:03 AM
  • Can you clarify what's in your unmanaged solution? The title of your post suggests you are trying to export the default solution from one org and import it into another org. Exporting and importing the default solution isn't recommended -- it's usually too big and, even if it's under the 6MB size limit, can cause database timeouts depending on your hardware.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Slalom Consulting. Find me on Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Thursday, October 31, 2013 12:19 AM
  • Issue has been solved.The main issue was  "customization xml" file was corrupted after the fix, it works fine.

Thank you all for your concern and help.

• Proposed as answer by VidhiyaM Wednesday, December 11, 2013 11:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Saturday, December 14, 2013 5:26 PM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 10:11 PM
  • Hello,

Was the sitemap xml the culprit here ? We are running into what appears to be the same exact issue so any recollection of what you did would be appreciated.

Thanks

Robert

Thursday, February 20, 2014 5:31 PM